- Bank Robber
- Bank Robber
- Skeptic (5+ Players)
- Tracker (6+ Players)
- Guard (7+ Players)
- Fall Guy (8+ Players)
- Negotiator (9 Players)
Classic Setup is similar to Beginner Setup, but has major changes. Instead of one of the Hostages, Classic has Anarchist, a role that swaps two players' cards without telling them they were swapped. In place of the first Rookie, Classic has the Wildcard, a role that takes an unused card and sees what it is. In place of the second Rookie, Classic has the Tracker, though the latter appears in games with 6 or more players, while the Skeptic appears in games with 5 or more players. The Guard is introduced to help distinguish false Shoplifters, Anarchists, and Wildcards. Classic also has a Fall Guy when playing with 8 or more players, adding a new layer of deduction to the setup.
- Many of the strategies in Beginner Setup work here, with a couple of obvious exceptions:
- Because Rookie is not a role in Classic, the possibility of claiming Rookies seeing each other or a bottom card is gone.
- You must always consider the possibility of the Anarchist swapping your Innocent role with a Bank Robber or your Bank Robber role with an Innocent card.
- When determining who's lying, consider the possibility of a Fall Guy being in play.
- Anarchists can lie about what players they have swapped to bait Bank Robbers into revealing that they were Bank Robber; just remember to reveal who you really swapped by the end of the Interrogation.
- Wildcard is a risky claim for a Bank Robber: if they say they took a certain card without knowing what it is, an Ex-Cop can reveal that that card was a Bank Robber. Otherwise, players who believe that no players are Bank Robbers conclude that the chances of the Wildcard becoming a Bank Robber are too high.
- Anarchist is a viable claim for Bank Robbers, but they have to watch out for an Ex-Cop seeing Anarchist at the bottom, another Anarchist, Skeptic, Tracker, Guard, or Negotiator.
- If you wait until the Anarchist says who they swapped to claim, and you think they swapped you with the Bank Robber, you could try counterclaiming them.