The Anarchist isn't quite as mysterious as the Wildcard, but is still very unpredictable. Some people think that the Anarchist had abusive parents growing up, leading to her psychotic nature. Others suspect that she used to be a bank robber and wanted to cause chaos among the recent robbery. A few still believe the Anarchist lives up to her name, with resentment to the establishment. Whatever the reason, when the Anarchist caught wind of the robbery of the local bank, she wanted to have a little fun. She managed to not only steal and swap the identities of two random people involved with the robbery, but their appearances as well! When she was done, it was as if their brains were swapped as well, swapping their overall involvement with the crime. No one knows how she managed to do it, but this isn't the first time she's done something like this. Perhaps there is more to the Anarchist than anyone will ever know.
The Anarchist is one of the most chaotic roles in the game. They have the ability to swap the cards of two players of their choosing. However, they do not see the cards they swap. The players are not informed they have been swapped.
- Because switching cards also swaps the winning conditions, swapping two people may cause a Bank Robber to become an innocent role. In this case, that player will admit to being the Bank Robber, as they are now innocent. You can use this to your advantage. If you lie about who you swapped, you can trick a Bank Robber into revealing himself!
- While you do not have to swap cards, claiming to be an Anarchist who has not swapped cards is not a good idea, as people will most likely not believe you.
- The Anarchist goes after the Ex-Cop and the Shoplifter. The information they have can be altered based on who you swap!
- Because it is very difficult to prove that an Anarchist is telling the truth, it is a good claim for Robbers.
- Even if you swap a Wildcard, the original Wildcard will still be whatever card they have picked after you swapped them. So if you swap a Wildcard with a Bank Robber, the Wildcard does not keep their Robber, but replaces it with a bottom card.
- Even if you aren't the Anarchist, but it is possible, you can claim Anarchist and possibly find a Bank Robber (they might out themselves when you say you swapped them).